A Bit of Background about NetEnt
Although NetEnt officially started out as a business in the mid-90s, its founder came from a family with decades of experience working in the casino industry. Its original founder came from the Cherryföretagen Company, a traditional gambling operator in Sweden that was in business since 1963. Later, the son of one of Cherryföretagen’s founders, Pontus Lindwall, established NetEnt in 1996. Since then, the company has become a pioneer in the online gaming industry, launching its first online casino in 2002. Then in 2007, NetEnt became listed on NGM Equity and in 2009 moved to the main list of the Stockholm Stock Exchange.
A Timeline: The History of NetEnt
Pontus Lindwall founds Net Entertainment (NetEnt)
NetEnt CasinoTM, its first online casino, launches.
NetEnt expands and sells casino modules to customers. Sales quickly increase.
NetEnt continues to deliver casino modules to customers around the world.
NetEnt obtains its gaming license in Malta.
NetEnt becomes listed on NGM Equity.
NetEnt moves to the main list of the Stockholm Stock Exchange.
NetEnt releases its popular slot machine, Gonzo’s Quest.
NetEnt releases its first mobile games and expands into Italy.
NetEnt establishes partnerships with large casino brands like Boylesports and Paddy Power.
NetEnt continues to build important partnerships with gaming operators in the UK as well as launching its live casino games.
NetEnt signs 31 new agreements with gaming operators including bwin.party, Betfair, and Rational Group. NetEnt develops a game entirely in HTML5, now an industry standard for desktop and mobile casino games.
NetEnt expands into the US state of New Jersey as well as in Romania, Bulgaria, and Portugal. NetEnt obtains local licenses in the UK and Spain. They launch their first land-based gaming machines in William Hill betting shops in the UK. NetEnt shows its VR demo at ICE in London.
NetEnt expands into Mexico, Serbia and Czechia and receives a gaming license in British Columbia, Canada.
NetEnt Casino Games
If you’ve never played a game by NetEnt before then you’re certainly in for a treat. NetEnt offers a full gaming suite that includes video slots, progressive jackpots, live casino games, roulette, blackjack, poker, baccarat, Caribbean stud poker, and punto banco. They also recently launched their NetEnt Engage, a set of tools that allows for in-game entertainment triggered by players.
You can’t talk about online slots without mentioning NetEnt software. Indeed, some of the most popular games in the industry come from this software provider. NetEnt slots have become known for their 3D graphics and unique themes. You’ll also frequently come across bonuses like free spins to play NetEnt slots risk-free and still cash in real money winnings. Make sure to try out some of NetEnt’s most popular slot machines like:
- Gonzo’s Quest Slot: Join a Spanish explorer in his search for the lost city of gold in the Aztec jungles. This slot machine has plenty of unique, rewarding bonus features like Avalanche Reels that award up to a 5x multiplier for every winning spin.
- Jack and the Beanstalk Slot: Go on a fairytale adventure in this 3D slot machine based on the classic children’s story. Walking Wilds give triple the payout. Plus free spins unlock Stacked and Expanding Wilds.
- Starburst Slot: This stunning slot machine has exploding stars and vibrant colours in an arcade atmosphere. The Starburst Wild feature brings a respin every time. Plus stacked symbols can appear on any reel and boost your chances of winning. Many online casinos give away free spins and other promotions specifically for this slot machine. Keep an eye out for free spins promotions for Starburst slots at NetEnt casinos.
NetEnt Live Casino
NetEnt Live brings the casino right to you, streaming a real croupier from behind the tables. This interactive gaming experience available on computers and mobile devices lets players see video feed of the dealers in real time. The NetEnt live casino suite includes Live Blackjack, Live Roulette, and Live Common Draw Blackjack. Their live casino games have seamless graphics and both portrait and landscape mode, making the games user-friendly for many different devices.
NetEnt Live also hosts a Live Rewards program. This automation engine lets casino operators offer unique promotions that reward players in cash, bonuses, or free spins. Make sure to look out for casinos that have NetEnt Live games so you can cash in on these exciting promotions.
An Award-Winning Casino
NetEnt has received lots of buzz since it first opened its doors back in 1996, and they have the accolades to prove it. Over the years, they have received many prizes including:
- EGR Awards 2015: Slot Provider of the Year, Innovation in Mobile, and Mobile Supplier of the Year
- WiG Awards 2015: NetEnt’s Live Casino Development Manager, Fayan Pourisa, wins for ‘Hidden Talent of the Year’ at the Women in Gaming ceremony.
- Global Gaming Awards 2014: Digital Gaming Innovation of the Year
- EGR Awards 2014: Mobile Supplier of the Year, Slot Provider of the Year, RNG Casino Supplier of the Year, and Live Casino Supplier of the Year
- WiG Awards 2014: NetEnt CFO, Maria Hedengren, wins Leader of the Year (iGaming)
- IGA Awards 2014: Innovator of the Year
- EGR Awards 2013: Innovation in Slot Provision, Innovation in Mobile and Mobile Supplier of the Yea, and Slot Provider of the Year
Whether looking to try out NetEnt’s award-winning mobile casino games or to interact with real dealers in NetEnt Live, no online gambler should miss out on their exciting gaming suite. With decades of experience in the industry, NetEnt consistently comes out on top as one of the top casino software developers. Play NetEnt software to experience the best in online gaming.